more about cloud nine
As well as our live/work units, Cloud Nine offers a full range of modular modern eco houses designed to deliver functional and intuitive low carbon living, with all normal home comforts. Features (which also apply to our live/work units) include:
- clean lines and flowing space
- timber-built low carbon homes houses, using renewable sources of timber
- £26 per year space heating costs*, giving low all-of-life costs
- rapid build offsite giving known costs, normally four months delivery
- pre-approved for UK building regulations (LANTAC scheme)
- a complete user-friendly fresh air eco heating system
- secure by design (part compliant – the house element!)
- supplied to your site, craned into position as fully fitted modules
- supporting Code for Sustainable Homes level 4 and 5 developments.
* Based on SAP Design Assessment for Bude V0, and standard NHER calculations, two person occupancy, subject to location in UK. Report NB-NES-00001430-08070315264200, Assessor 1430, date 3 July 2008
Low carbon is core to our thinking and this has two benefits. The first is having a lower carbon footprint and the second is the cost savings that can be made from a low use of energy, for example £26 for space heating our Bude house. To accomplish this we have developed a house that has very high levels of natural insulation and airtightness, our walls have a U value of 0.15 and an air tightness of 1.1 (current building regulations are 10).
By adding in a low carbon fresh air eco heating and clever heat recovery systems we are able to meet the higher levels of the Code for Sustainable Homes, levels 4 and 5.
Cloud Nine’s houses and live/work units are manufactured off-site. Each is built in controlled conditions in a factory, guaranteeing the high technical quality necessary for low carbon living.
Houses and live/work units come off the production line completely finished including kitchens, bathrooms, plumbing, tiling, and white goods (dishwasher, fridge/freezer, cooker) they are also painted internally and externally rendered or clad in timber. They are are driven to site in modules (generally 6m wide x 12m long x 3m high) and craned into position. Ten days is all it takes to finish and hand over the keys on our single storey Bude houses.
We have designed wellbeing into all of our houses and live/work units. Large expanses of glass bring in lots of natural light and supply free solar heating. Modern designed kitchens and bathrooms are clean, functional and easy to use. We have designed in Lifetime Homes features to help and aid home owners with accessibility issues without compromising on design aesthetic.
Our live/work units, designed in partnership with Live/Work Network, offer spacious professional workspaces that can be accessed both from within the unit's residential area and from outside (making it possible for the owner to be away while staff/associates continue to use the work area). The configuration is one which is preferred by planning authorities and is easy to mortgage. For details of our live/work designs and plans go here.
To find out about our partner architects programme, eco hamlets projects or sales agent opportunities, please email us.